Southern California Trucking and Railroad Defense Attorneys
Transportation services for both people and goods have inherent risks that many companies work to minimize through various insurance options. However, accidents still do happen. To protect your rights in transportation litigation, it is imperative to contact a skilled attorney with experience in transportation law.
With more than 75 years of combined experience, the attorneys of West Corzine, LLP have handled a wide variety of personal injury defense and property damage claims that invoke the application of transportation law. We represent freight carriers, truck insurers, public entities and waste management groups with matters in Ventura County as well as intrastate and interstate transportation.
Experienced Defense in Transportation Litigation
Transportation laws are highly complex and difficult to navigate on your own. We provide the specialized knowledge and skill clients need when handling issues involving:
- Personal injury and wrongful death claims involving public transportation, including bus accidents, taxi accidents, railroad accidents, and trolley, subway and light rail accidents
- Maritime personal injury/wrongful death under the Jones Act, the Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA) and general maritime law
- Third-party claims brought by longshoremen/ship repair workers under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and workers on the Outer Continental Shelf under the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA)
- Injuries and property damage resulting from incidents at refineries, offshore oil rigs and platforms, marine terminals, pipelines, service stations, construction sites and other vessels
- State and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance matters
- Negligent hiring and retention claims
- Cargo damage and loss claims arising from ocean, ground, rail and air transport
- Transportation insurance coverage issues and bad faith litigation
- Environmental claims related to pollution, toxic torts, waste transportation and others
- Transportation class-action defense and appeals
Our Ventura County transportation litigation lawyers engage in proactive discovery and develop innovative strategies to protect clients’ best interests. We understand the implications of Interstate Commerce Commission regulations, Public Utilities Commission regulations, lease liability and other statutes that have bearing on your case. We represent clients before state, federal and appellate courts as well as administrative bodies.
Contact Our Firm
We provide practical and professional service from the commencement of the case through appeal, if warranted. If your company has a cargo claim in Ventura County, contact us for a consultation by calling 805-322-7213 or toll free at 888-380-6340.